Providence Health & Services Clinical Pastoral Education Educator *1.0/Day*Relocation* in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Clinical Pastoral Education Educator ( Clinical Pastoral Education , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
• Oversee the recruitment and admissions process of CPE students who are appropriate candidates for programs of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
• Oversee the on-boarding process of CPE Residents.
• Designs and implements CPE programs consistent with ACPE Standards.
• Work closely with the Director of Spiritual Care Services and other Spiritual Care staff in the placement of CPE students.
• Recruit, train, and support members of a CPE Professional Advisory Group.
• Prepare and guide Providence Alaska Medical Center through the self-study and periodic re-accreditation process.
• Function as a member of the health care team and Spiritual Care Services.
• Provide leadership and celebrate religious services and sacramental ministry as appropriate.
• Maintain personal expertise through appropriate educational experiences including but not limited to:
• Provide students and self with age-related educational opportunities to enhance ministry to patients and families from neonate to geriatric.
• Provide students and self with Cultural Competency training and education to enhance ministry to patients and families from diverse cultural contexts.
• Is responsible for the supervision of a minimum of four CPE Residents. The CPE Supervisor may supervise a maximum of twelve CPE students in the following programs: CPE Residency, CPE Summer Internship, CPE Extended Unit, and Supervisory CPE.
• Complete Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Master Degree in Divinity degree or equivalency as established by ACPE
Certification as a CPE Supervisor by ACPE
Ordination or commissioning by applicant’s faith group
Current endorsement by applicant’s faith group
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years experience as a CPE Supervisor
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 326961