Providence Health & Services Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Family Medicine Center in Anchorage, Alaska
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Family Medicine Center (Family Medicine Center, Day
Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Physician Service Organization in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform triage of presenting patients to determine appropriate course of action when required
- Respond to emergency situations
- Participate in an interdisciplinary care team
- Perform procedures, medication administration, and professional nursing care within his/her scope of practice
- Utilize the PCMH interdisciplinary care team model to manage a core panel of patients
- Collaborate with other teams to share and establish best practices
- Manage acute and chronic care needs of the patients
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care plans of individual patients in the panel
- Prepare patients for physician encounters
- Take vital signs as indicated, records patients histories, prepares appropriate instruments for examinations or
- Accurately documents patient condition
- Communicate accurately and with sensitivity
- Serve as a patient advocate
- Perform patient follow-up including notifying patients of laboratory results, maintaining electronic health record, and responding to patient telephone calls
- Educate patients in a wide variety of health care subjects such as maternal/child health care, nutrition and lifestyle
issues, sexually transmitted diseases, basic health care maintenance and self administration of medications
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Family Medicine Center
The Family Medicine RN Case Manager works as a team member to support the operational needs of the clinic for daily patient flow and assumes responsibility for the ongoing case management of an assigned panel of patients. As a case manager, the RN will coordinate with an interdisciplinary team that includes the patients, families, physicians, medical assistants, social workers, counselors, and other FMC support staff to provide high quality care within the FMC model of a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The RN Case Manager will advocate and support the case management process, matching an individual's ongoing needs with the appropriate level and type of medical, psychological, health, or social care/services within the organization or across multiple organizations. The position will partner in identifying and achieving timely patient care needs
In this position you will:
• PATIENT CARE:
• Performs triage of presenting patients to determine appropriate course of action when required. Responds to emergency situations.
• Participates in an interdisciplinary care team. Performs procedures, medication administration, and professional nursing care within his/her scope of practice.
• Utilizes the PCMH interdisciplinary care team model to manage a core panel of patients. Collaborates with other teams to share and establish best practices. Manages acute and chronic care needs of the patients.
• Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates care plans of individual patients in the panel.
• Prepares patients for physician encounters. Takes vital signs as indicated, records patients histories, prepares appropriate instruments for examinations or procedures. Accurately documents patient condition. Communicates accurately and with sensitivity. Serves as a patient advocate.
• Performs patient follow-up including notifying patients of laboratory results, maintaining electronic health record, and responding to patient telephone calls.
• Educates patients in a wide variety of health care subjects such as maternal/child health care, nutrition and lifestyle issues, sexually transmitted diseases, basic health care maintenance and self administration of medications.
• CARE COORDINATOR:
• Active member of clinical team, contributing to overall team function, team building, and enhancement. Collaborates to ensure team success, develops and maintains the spirit of teamwork through support and positive feedback. Participates in the continued development of the role of case management in the PCMH model.
• Coordinates referrals in conjunction with providers, schedules diagnostic studies, clinic appointments, procedures, travel arrangements, housing arrangements, etc.
• Utilize patient tracking and reporting systems or clinical databases to assure follow up of patients in collaboration with other team members.
• Provides services for each patient to help them have the best health outcomes and to meet the health maintenance standards of the clinic as set forth in practice guidelines by coordinating team actions for patient recalls and compliance monitoring.
• Coaches and mentors all clinical team members to build or enhance capability and competency.
• Displays behavior consistent with professional nursing standards and policies.
• Provides relevant nursing expertise to committees and participates in quality improvement activities.
• Assists in implementing systems into the practice for increased efficiency.
• Participates in department and team meetings and committees as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
• Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications this position include:
Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing. Or
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American
Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
- 2 years Professional nursing experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- License/Certification: • Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska. • Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
Prior clinic or outpatient experience.
About the department you will serve. Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of
organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 319760