Providence Health & Services Patient Care Coordinator - Family Practice Clinic *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus* in Colville, Washington
Providence is calling a Patient Care Coordinator (Family Practice Clinic, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Physician Management Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
In this position you will:
• Provide clinic check-in check-out
• Ensuring documentation is complete and signed. Able to accurately describe the purpose of the documentation to the patient and/or a family member
• Collection of appropriate co-pay or payments on account
• Collection of proper and complete patient demographics.
• Assume primary responsibility for the accurate and timely scheduling for patients and families needing surgery and/or ancillary testing. This may include scheduling of appointments or procedures in the acute care ministries, as well as coordination of specialty visits and coordination of outpatient appointments with other providers.
• Responsible for obtaining and maintaining the necessary documentation for scheduling.
• Work collaboratively with families, departments providing services, physician offices, and physician specialists to coordinate resources needed.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the functions, operations and policies, as well as departments where procedures occur.
• Responsible for day-to-day processes and patient flow for assigned providers.
• Call acute care facilities to confirm appointment s or schedules appointments, confirms provider availability for cases,copies and distributes schedules, acts as a resource person within practice for other outpatient and inpatient departments.
• Apply knowledge of practice policies and procedures related to scheduling and front desk functions.
• Daily opening and closing of cash box, following reconciliation process.
• Works referral, pre A/R, coding and preventable denial queues.
• Appointment reconciliation.
• Scanning and faxing as required by clinic.
• Reception area management
• Using AIDET protocols
• Keeping reception area clean and tidy, including personal space.
• Answering multi line phone system to clinic standards, including proper chart documentation.
• Understanding HIPAA and patient privacy.
• Collecting of Provider’s in and out box daily.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness in submission of paper fee tickets.
• Provides plans for resolution and proposals for improvement to clinic leadership.
• May require coordination of referrals.
• May obtain authorizations.
• May schedule / request ancillary testing.
• Local travel may be required occasionally to fit clinic needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Customer service related experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
Associate's Degree in Health care related field.
1 year recent experience in the medical field.
Electronic Medical Record / Practice Management experience
Knowledge of medical insurance preferred
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Clinical)
Req ID: 327210