Providence Pharmacy Technician - Credena in Everett, Washington
Providence is calling an Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. *Please complete this step.*
To ensure accurate encounter creation, route refill requests to providers and refill pharmacists appropriately, to provide accurate and timely refill processing to the patients of Providence Medical Group (PMG) . Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the mission and values of Providence Health & Services.
• Attend meetings as required.
In this position you will:
• Reviews and filters (match drug, eliminate duplicates, etc.) electronic prescriptions refills requests received via electronic transmission (e.g., SureScripts) and assigns them electronically to appropriate provider
• Process patient’s electronic prescriptions/refills.
• Works closely with patient and pharmacy to migrate to electronic process.
• Input and/or update patients’ information or prescription refill information in the electronic medical record.
• Confirm information (provided by the provider and patient) in the electronic medical record for authorized refills and communicates this information to the pharmacies requesting additional refills
• Calls patient, providers, third party insurance or other pharmacies for patient and drug information, if there are any questions regarding the refill request and documents calls in the electronic medical record.
• Call patients to inform them of provider denials if the provider needs to see them before the medication can be refilled; may arrange appointment for patient. Documents calls in the electronic medical record.
• Attend meetings as required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma -OR- GED equivalent.
Registered with WA State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Third party billing or reimbursement
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic EMR will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 285901