Providence Health & Services Pharmacy Technician II - Retail *0.0 FTE, Days, Per Diem* in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician II (Retail Pharmacy, Day Shift, 0.0 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system!
In this position you will:
• Receive new written prescriptions or refill requests from patients and clarify patient and prescriber information.
• Fill prescriptions and place them in baskets with bulk drug bottle used for dispensing verification and final check by pharmacist.
• Accurately input patient demographics, allergy, medical conditions, and billing information and verifies current eligibility for non-electronic billing methods. Check reasonableness of billing before inputting prescriptions.
• Assist in maintaining adequate inventory by ordering products as they are used or needed including over the counter medications. Restock bins for vials, bottles and jars. Check in received orders and do returns to suppliers.
• Maintains current awareness of and complies with the Quality Management programs, including awareness of current monitors and participates as indicated.
• Ensure patients identified by policy are consulted by pharmacist.
• Answer phones in a timely manner and sorts multiple phone calls in a friendly and efficient manner. Refers to pharmacist as appropriate.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Individual technicians are required to be certified by the National Certification exam (PTCB or ExCPT) as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
The technician must have a current license to practice as a pharmacy technician in the state of Montana
Valid state driver's license and current proof of insurance.upon hire
1 year experience (2080 hours) of retail pharmacy practice.
1 year customer service experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation of Pharmacy Tech program.
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 325049