Providence Health & Services Pharmacy Technician - Insurance Benefit and Authorization Specialist in Portland, Oregon
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician Access Services Representative to our location in Portland, OR.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire System .
We are seeking a Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician Access Services Representative to be responsible for processing all new referrals for Home Infusion Pharmacy. This work includes obtaining the order and other required documentation, conferencing with the referral source, the Pharmacist and HS Infusion Nurse Coordinator; and verifying insurance eligibility and benefits; cost of medication, obtaining pre-authorizations and re-authorizations and assisting patients with copay and financial assistance. This position is also responsible for monthly re-verification of insurance eligibility of active patients on service. The admission team member works closely with the Pharmacist and Nursing staff regarding all therapy changes and additions keeping patients' profile updated and retrieving new authorizations. The admission team member completes financial cost disclosure and other required documents for each ordered therapy and discuss patient's financial obligation before start of care.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
· Receives, triages and documents pharmacy incoming referrals, calls, faxes and requests related to the HS pharmacy.
· Performs intake and system data entry of authorization and referral requests, patient information, discharge information, medication therapy management information and drug utilization management information.
· Identifies the need for clinical review or pharmacist/physician intervention through sound judgment.
· Coordinates conference calls on new referrals with the intake pharmacist, referral source and intake team.
· Identifies and obtains resources for referrals requiring immediate attention.
· Acts as department liaison and resource to patients, health plan providers, physicians and pharmacy staff to problem solve through judgment address inquiries regarding work, workflow, processes and information system issues.
· Completes required paperwork for admit packet to include Advance Beneficiary Notice, patients financial obligation and copay/financial assistance.
· Addresses customer and referral source concerns regarding insurance coverage criteria issues.
· Follows up on incomplete referral information for services, demographic and payer information to ensure customer needs are met within established guidelines
Required qualifications for this position includes:
High School Diploma or General Education.
Two (2) years of experience with insurance verification, medical claims processing, insurance member enrollment or customer service.
Two (2) years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a specialty setting (e.g. Long Term Care, Infusion or Specialty Pharmacy) OR Three (3) years pharmacy technician experience in an outpatient pharmacy setting.
Two (2) years of experience with computers in data entry.
Current Oregon Board of Pharmacy Technician registration.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience using electronic medical records software
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Portland, Oregon provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Oregon and into Washington. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
Providence hospitals and clinics are located throughout Oregon, ranging from the Columbia River Gorge to wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. The Columbia River delineates much of Oregon's northern boundary with Washington. A short drive across the Columbia River Intestate Bridge connects Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA. Oregon has the ocean, mountains, valleys, high desert, cities, small towns, and almost everything in between. Numerous outdoor recreation opportunities abound from hiking, fishing, biking, camping, boating, wine tasting, craft beer venues, specialty coffee roasters and vibrant culinary experiences.
Come join us!
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 293789