Providence Health & Services RN VAD Transplant Coordinator in Portland, Oregon
Providence is calling Registered Nurse VAD Transplant Coordinator (0.5 FTE, Days) to Providence Mother Joseph Plaza in Portland, OR.
This position will work variable hours between the hours of 8am - 4:30pm M - F with on call expectations.
We are seeking a RN VAD Transplant Coordinator who will provide coordination and case management for ventricular assist devices (VAD) and cardiac transplant patients in collaboration with the program medical director and referring physicians to promote optimal patient outcomes. Responsible for clinical and technical support for ventricular assist devices or cardiac transplant patients regarding evaluation, implant management, post follow-up and clinical training. Effectively uses care conferencing and multidisciplinary transplant/VAD committee for patient evaluations and clinical reviews. Facilitates patient care within an outpatient clinic and shares 24 hour call. Will coordinate patient care through medical procedures, ongoing education, inpatient and outpatient care delivery and follow-up
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
· Patient Care:
• Assess and monitor the pre implant phase with attention to the referral process, physician communication, accurately document patient care, coordinate care with coworkers, and support surgical staff at the time of implant.
• Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, medical directors and program coworkers to achieve a thorough pre-implant evaluation within the patient eligibility criteria set by the program.
• Assess patient and family for level of understanding and ability to learn. Notify team of consultations and evaluations with prompt feedback to the referring physician.
• Provide ongoing patient and family education in the post-op or outpatient phase.
• Monitor patient admissions and perform inpatient rounds, review clinical history, collect pertinent data and identify issues that may hamper patient care and provide input for discharge planning.
• Anticipate follow-up with financial coordinator, social worker, dietitian or other clinic resources.
• Facilitate outpatient clinic visits with the appropriate provider and promote patient compliance and reinforces the plan of care.
· Program Support:
• Maintain awareness of the national VAD and transplant issues, DT certification, UNOS requirements and emerging technology.
• In coordination with the clinical staff, ensure that device supplies are maintained and ready for implantation at all times.
• Report device failure and facilitates to resolve the issues.
• Actively participate in the development of program policies, procedures, protocols and clinical order sets and assists with implementation.
• Assume responsibility for special projects as delegated and performs duties that support an effective VAD/transplant program.
• Function as a clinical resource regarding VAD or cardiac transplant for staff education at various ministries (i.e. PPMC and PSVMC) as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) coordinator experience
· Advanced Practitioner (NP) or RN current license to practice nursing in State of Oregon
· If NP, current prescriptive privileges with State of Oregon, including DEA certificate
· American Heart Association - Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS)
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification, or obtain ACLS within 60 days of hire
· Valid driver's license
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years Clinical experience with VAD patient care
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 266580