Providence Health & Services Clinical Data Analyst in Renton, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Clinical Data Analyst to our location in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Clinical Data Analyst for the Physician Enterprise quality team. This position is responsible for providing clinical analytics support for the ambulatory quality team supporting the medical groups across the Providence system. This role will lead clinical input gathering, dashboard development, reporting, and identifying improvements and opportunities for clinical gap closure. This role is a key interface with Clinical Analytics, Healthcare Intelligence, Patient Experience, Population Health and Government Programs teams. This position will also be a leader in representing the medical group across the system in strategic initiatives like regulatory clinical reporting (MACRA), Medicare Advantage, value-based contracts, state-based reporting systems and patient experience. This includes leading the clinical strategic projects, providing expert consultation in clinical metrics across the system, and triage of project requests received from the field and leadership of major projects within Physician Enterprise. The position reports to the Manager, Patient Experience and Quality Analytics and must establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in Providence, as well as with other PSJH staff, vendors, agents, and others. This position works closely with regional medical group leaders and physicians as well as leaders in Government Programs, Informatics, Epic, and Healthcare Intelligence.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Analyze current clinical system processes to complete current state analysis; perform gap analysis. Queries, reviews and analyzes data from multiple internal/external sources to create dashboards, drill down capable reports and key performance indicators. Provide analytical expertise in data quality, improvement opportunities, and understanding of variation in the clinical and quality metrics.
• This position will have an understanding of the national best practices for clinical and quality metrics and will help support the efficient and effective capture of the information for these metrics.
• Utilize Tableau, PowerBI or other data visualization software to create actionable dashboards and reports.
• Provide subject matter expertise on clinical quality metric development and serves as a liaison with Healthcare Intelligence, Epic, Government Programs, Care Management, and others to analyze and report on quality measures. Provide consultative support for medical group leaders and quality groups on improvement opportunities for clinical and quality metrics.
• Interface with IS and other reporting teams to build the appropriate metrics in real-time and retrospective reporting solutions in support of clinical quality improvement.
• Perform data validation on a variety of clinical quality measure sets including internal quality indicators, quality measures for Government Programs and Value Based care.
• Support Patient Experience Reporting and Analytics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Health Information Management, Mathematics, or other healthcare related field e.g., nursing or equivalent education/experience.
3 years Utilization of reporting and analytic tools and techniques.
2 years Clinical Analytics in Healthcare.
Experience in transformation of business requirements/specifications utilizing BI tools and methodologies into presentation solutions for customers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 328588