Providence Health & Services Senior Population Health Data Scientist in Renton, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Population Health Data Scientist to our location in Renton, WA or any of our Providence states locations in CA, OR, TX, MT, NM , AK.
Providence Population Health is looking for experienced, creative and dynamic data scientist with a passion for digging deep and finding answers that others may miss.
In the role of a Senior Population Health Data Scientist among others things you will be responsible for the following:
• Data analytics focused on improving population health, utilization, and costs for specific populations.
• Leveraging advanced statistical, exploratory and predictive analysis to gain data insights while working with large and complex data sets.
• Using machine learning and other data science techniques to create analytic products supporting strategic decision making.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Clinical Data Expertise: Subject matter expert and analytic resource in a number of clinical areas applying knowledge of definitions and identifying best sources of data including: electronic health records, administrative data, claims data, patient / disease registries, information exchanges, health surveys, and community data sources.
• Requirements Gathering: Full cycle analytics understanding business requirements, extracting data, analyzing data, predicting, measuring outcome and making recommendations required.
• Stakeholder Co-Design: Engages key clinical and business leads in conceiving, designing and building scalable analytics solutions.
• Modeling: Uses advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques for training, evaluation and deployment of models to address business objectives.
• Advanced Data Analysis: Designs analytics projects and and presents results and recommendations to make operational changes, target specific goals, and refine population health strategies; explains these activities to a sophisticated analytic audience as well as translates these activities into general terms for non-technical audiences and senior leaders.
• Display / Visualization: Develops and creates visualizations/reporting for key performance indicators that drive business, clinical, and operational insights to help guide clinical decision-makers and executives with business decisions. Executes solid judgement in using data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI to design accurate and aesthetic dashboards. Utilizes good sensibility in visual storytelling.
• Presenting Results: Develop and deliver presentations to communicate studies and results to various technical and non-technical leadership teams, workgroups, and business units.
• Metric Alignment: Ensures populations and metrics are aligned across PSJH and Population Health initiatives.
• Data and Analytics Collaboration: Collaborates with Population Health Informatics, Healthcare Intelligence, Clinical Informatics, Epic, Regional Analytic Experts, and others as needed to avoid redundancy and ensure optimal data
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Business, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field
10 years of relevant data analysis or analytics experience.
5 years experience with big data, database query and analysis languages (e.g. SQL, Snowflake SQL, R, Scala, SAS, Python) and data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau).
3 years of experience using advanced statistical concepts, machine learning techniques, forecasting to design and implement statistical models and other data products.
1 year of experience with Azure data science tools and technologies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master's Degree in Healthcare, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Business, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field.
3 years certification in programming or data mining.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Analytics/Business Intelligence
Req ID: 263699