Providence Health & Services Certified Nursing Assistant - Surgical Acute in Walla Walla, Washington
Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Surgical Acute, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system!
In this position you will:
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
• Actively participates in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
• Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC promotes to the communities we serve.
• Participates in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
• Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
• Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
• Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
• Communicates effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a professional manner.
• Provides clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
• Contributes to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for analysis by an RN:
• Completes delegated patient care activities and records and reports variations.
• Documents legibly according to policy.
• Recognizes and reports signs/symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served.
• Provides nutritional requirements and recognizes barriers that limit intake appropriate to ages of patients served.
• Awareness of developmental tasks appropriate to ages of patients served.
• Reports abnormal findings to licensed staff (including vital signs and O2 sats).
• Utilizes a collaborative interdisciplinary process to provide support to all members of the Patient Care Team to reinforce basic patient/family education.
• Ensures effective use of Supplies/Equipment – minimizes supply wastages. Charges appropriately for supplies used.
• Ensures effective use of Facilities – promptly reports facility maintenance issues to appropriate personnel.
• Adheres to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal.
• Follows TB control plan and established procedures for use of Reverse Flow Isolation Room.
• Utilizes positioning aids and turns schedules to protect pressure points and maintain normal anatomical alignment.
• Performs restorative rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
• Provides for safety needs of patients.
• Gives complete and accurate report to licensed staff upon completion of tasks and duties.
• Reports and documents any unusual occurrence that may have an effect on the patient’s and/or staff’s well-being.
• Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
• Attends mandatory and other education offerings per department and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the unit.
• Expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
• JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Attends unit staff meetings (50%).
Required qualifications this position include:
Current Licensure in the State of Washington as Nursing Assistant Certification.
Current BLS – Healthcare provider (must be AHA accredited).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an orientation program or equivalent.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 319244