Providence Health & Services LPN Home Health in Walla Walla, Washington
Providence is calling a LPN (Home Health, Day Shift (M-F: 8:00am - 5:00pm) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla, Walla, Washington at location of: 209 W. Poplar St. Walla Walla, WA.
In this position you will:
• Assist in assessment of physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients, following verification of assessment skills.
• Assist the RN in planning a formal written plan of care for patients.
• Directly participate in the implementation of the plan of care. Function within the limits of the Practical Nurse Law, and Homecare nursing policies and procedures.
• Assist in evaluation of nursing care; question and clarify any procedures, treatments, medications that may not be appropriate for the patients physical/mental status at that time.
• The Licensed Practical Nurse may administer medications via all routes with the following requirements related to intravenous medication administration. Intravenous medication may be administered by an LPN if they are certified in that skill and on a case by case basis under the supervision of an RN. Defers/reports nursing issues outside their realm to the RN Case Manager or Supervisor/Manager.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate of a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse program.
Current Washington State License as a Practical/Vocational Nurse required.
Current Oregon State License as a Practical/Vocational Nurse required.
Current Washington State Driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured, reliable vehicle.
Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year recent hospital, nursing home or home health experience.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 312847