Providence Health & Services Social Worker MSW in Walla Walla, Washington
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
Providence is calling a Social Worker (MSW) ( Care Management , Day Shift, 0.5 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
• Actively participates in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
• Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC promotes to the communities we serve.
• Participates in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
• Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
• Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
• Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
• Communicates effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a professional manner.
• Provides clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
• Reports and documents any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patient’s safety, adverse event, or staff’s wellbeing.
• Conveys and documents appropriate information to patient and families regarding any financial responsibilities and ensures documentation of understanding.
• Perform psychosocial and health assessments, demonstrating appropriate application of age specific standards.
• Assesses discharge planning needs of patients through interaction with patients, families and other team members and documents accordingly.
• Educates patient and family using appropriate techniques and resources and documents in record.
• Demonstrates knowledge for identifying victims of abuse and neglect, and appropriate action.
• Demonstrates knowledge and applicability to interqual criteria, need for physician intervention, and documents accordingly.
• Demonstrates safe patient hand-offs through updates to plan,documentation, and other forms of communication as appropriate to care management staff.
• Demonstrates ability to develop and implement a safe discharge care plan based on patient assessment(s), outside resource facilitation, and documents in record (from admit through discharge) along the continuum of care.
• Completes pain assessment, intervention and documentation of pain management according to standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge application and implementation of regulatory compliance related to advance beneficiary notices, change in patient status, and important messages.
• Demonstrates understanding and practice of established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
• Expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
• Other tasks as delegated by leadership within scope of practice.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Attends and participates in meetings of the practice group, staff meetings.
• Participates in regular (peer review) regarding the management of patients and arranges for and participates in coverage during long, short and unexpected absences of self and other care management staff.
• Demonstrates ability to perform responsibilities related to compliant documentation (CDMP).
• Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
• Attends mandatory and other education offerings per department and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Master's Degree in Social Work or Master's Degree in healthcare related field
Registered as an agency affiliated counselor in Washington OR other associated license.
*Per DOH Website: Agency Affiliated Counselor Credential - If the candidate applies for this credential within 30 days of employment, they may provide counseling while the application is processed. Applicants must provide required documents within reasonable time limits, and if they do not then they must stop working. Registration must show pending in the DOH website.
Must be a licensed driver in state of residence.
1 year experience in a health care setting
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 314778