Providence Health & Services Sonographer/Ultrasound Tech II in Walla Walla, Washington
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
Providence is calling a Sonographer/Ultrasound Tech II (Imaging Services, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Actively participate in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
• Perform all aspects of Imaging examinations according to established protocol
• Enter/Update clinical patient data into the computer.
• Maintain a safe and unobstructed work area, practices good safety habits and observes OSHA safety rules and guidelines including, but not limited to: practicing safety precautions/infection control, wearing required protective clothing and equipment, following established protocols for the disposal of sharps and contact/disposal of blood and other bodily fluids.
• Understand and applies appropriate quality assurance and improvement processes.
• Interview patient prior to and during exam with the intent of determining appropriateness and optimizing the procedure for patient condition, comfort and proper diagnosis.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Completion of an accredited Ultrasound training program.
Current certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) (OB or AB) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) RT(S) or registry-eligible within one year from date of hire into the position.
Current BLS Healthcare provider (must be AHA accredited).
- 2 years as an Ultrasound Tech experience or completion of PSMMC Imaging Clinical Rotation.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 314624